Saturday, March 22, 2008

The sun shone all day today. The snow that fell yesterday is melting fast but still looks really pretty.

Chelsea and I could not go for a walks this morning because it was slippery and after falling three times this winter I did not want to take a chance on another disaster. So far I have come though the falls with minimal to not damage.

I spent the day getting as much ready for tomorrow as was possible. I made the cake and the rolls and cut the celery and stuffed the mushrooms.

We had a very simple meal, pizza and salad and Jello for our dinner tonight. Tomorrow will be quite full with the traditional ham dinner and colcannon.

Jim and Michelle came over this morning so Jim could install the new disc drive in my computer. It was filthy so he cleaned and vacuumed and blew all the dirty stuff out of it at the same time. I now have my disc drive restored and am a happy camper. THANK YOU, JIM.

Tomorrow is Easter. The promise from Our Lord. Without Easter we have nothing.

I will be feeding Jim and Michelle and Bobbie and Bill and MAYBE Ron and Kate Herman. I invited them but Ron may be uncomfortable coming to a family gathering. He, like my sweetheart, is more than willing to accept others into his family gatherings but is hesitant to join another's family gathering. I hope he changes his mind. The kids would be very comfortable with both him and Kate.

Talked to Mother this evening. She said that both Nora and Dolores decided not to dye Easter Eggs this year. I guess that I am just an old sentimentalist. I am using dyed eggs for name tags in little baskets of candy. Should be fun.

Love

Happy Easter

Mary

No comments: