Friday, March 21, 2008

I guess it is still snowing out there. Do you believe this? We got rid of a lot of the snow that has accumulated during the past several months and now it dumps about 6 inches back down on us. It started out quite nice this morning. Chelsea and I had a very nice walk. We ran into one or our regulars that we have not seen much during the winter. We commented that we were looking forward to running into each other much more now that spring has come. Then came the SNOW!

I cleaned the kitchen this morning and worked on my desk stuff. Got a lot done. Then after lunch I stopped at Advanced Eye Center to pick up my new glasses on my way to the Good Friday Services. I also stopped at Exchange Bank to pick up some Alterra Coffee to serve on Sunday to the coffee connoisseurs.

We were watching a show today where a "cheap" person dropped a quarter (maybe a dime) into a tip jar. We were commenting on how coins are not really acceptable for tips any more.

It reminded me of Grandpa Deeley. He used to occasionally very contentedly jingle the coins in his pockets and it was intended as a sign of being well heeled. Isn't that sweet?

I WAS going to to to Rhine for the opening of the next pistol league but it is too icky out there. I had called Nancy this morning to tell her what time I would pick her up. So I called to tell her that I changed my mind and she laughed and said that she had been holding off calling ME because she didn't want to be a party pooper.

The Good Friday Service was nice. I am now here until Mass on Easter Morning to celebrate the Resurrection.

Have a lovely weekend.

Mary

No comments: