Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday, March 18. The "holy day" is over. St. Patrick's day is gone for another year.

Chelsea is back to waking me up before 6AM. I have a rule. If it is after 5:45AM I get up. If it is before, I shut her out of the room and go back to bed.

We had a rather abbreviated walk as it was slushy and rather slippery so we did not go to far.

Dick and I had to be at Dr. Hoduous's office at 9:30AM to check his feet. Things are looking well. The last open callous is shallower so we have some hope that it will heal soon. Then we drove over to my cousin Brian Ayers' home to drop off the watch that Dick gave me for Christmas. Brian is going to take out some links so it will fit me. After that, we swung by Mother's to drop off some Mac and Cheese and Guinness Bread and Soda Bread. She is such a dear. Because of the odd slushy stuff, Lucy Carderelle and she had decided to fore go the Senior Meals today. I am just glad that it was nice yesterday so she could enjoy the St. Patrick's Day meal. (She did say that the corned beef was tough though. We do a much better job. And I told her that Kathy and I had enjoyed a really good corned beef sandwich. at 52 Stafford.)

Spent the afternoon catching up on phone calls and emails and Celtic Women.

Tonight is the second night of Dancing with the Stars. This is Women's night. This is the only contest or reality show that I watch and I really do like it.

Tomorrow will also be busy. Tomorrow is my Bart's Birthday. Do you believe that my baby will be 37 years old tomorrow? I called tonight so I would be sure to catch him. I am glad I did as Don and Marlise, his inlaws are taking him out for dinner tomorrow night. He was disappointed that he could not stay in Florida for those few more days but had to get back for his meds. They will NOT do things over state lines. Good, but in this case a real disappointment.

Have a nice Wednesday. St. Joseph's day.

Mary

I guess I forgot to blog last night. To much partying. I will cut and paste some of the letter I did for my Celtic Women.

Yesterday, those who were able met for our meeting and to join the Irishman's Walk in Plymouth. There were eight of us including Toni Nevicosi's husband John (who is actually the Irish in that family). Three were NEW members Kathy Paul, Mary Dallmann and Kathy Schemrich. Kathy S. just stumbled on us looking for a carpool up to the starting place where we were joined by my brother Jeff and his wife Kathy, who may be a some time attendee. She is of Cornish descent with a smidgeon of Irish too. Rosemary Mugan walked with some other friends so was with us too. A great contingency and we carried the Banner from the International Group. I will send pictures later.

No comments: