Sunday, March 16, 2008

It was a bit colder today but the sun shone and the sky was blue so it was beautiful. I got up at 6 because I was going to Mass at 8AM so it was still dark. That makes it a bit difficult for Chelsea and me to do too long a walk but we did out best.

It is Passion Sunday. Can you believe that? Easter is NEXT Sunday. Mass was very long because we read the Passion from Matthew. The Passion is alway long but very moving. We read it with a Narrator, Father Van Beeck was Jesus (of course, he took the good part), a reader for the other individual speakers and the congregation was the crowd. That always breaks the monotony. It is easier to keep your mind on the reading if the voices change AND you know you are going to have to participate. I was also Eucharistic Minister.

When I got home, I fixed breakfast and worked on dinner as today was the tea at the Plymouth Art Center. I made Chris Cuomo's Mac and Cheese for supper tonight. This is the second of the seven Mac and Cheeses that we are going to try. It was very good, by the way, but not as good as Robin's or the Over the Rainbow that I already make.

I made a special dessert too for St. Patrick's Day. It is a "Black and Tan" after the drink. You make butterscotch and chocolate puddings, layer them and top with whipped cream and it looks like a "black and tan" drink. Fun and tasty.

The tea was both a disappointment and a joy. The only attendees were Kate, myself, a fiddler named Dave and his wife Dianne and Mary Calvey and Dianne from the Art Center. I brought some brown bread and Guinness Bread to share and Mary brought carrot cake and Dianne had purchased soda bread from the Pig. SO there was tons of tea and cakes and not people. But we did not let that stop us. We sang and shared and read poetry and stories. I doubt if Mary will do it again which is a shame but perhaps there is just too much going on right now. Anyway, I had left some of my poetry books at the Art Center last year and they sold ALL of them so Dianne gave me a check and I left 7 more there.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. ARE YOU READY! Want to have some fun, join us at Highland Avenue and Eastern Avenue in Plymouth at 11:00AM tomorrow morning. You can look for the Celtic Women International banner which some of us will be carrying and walk with us down to the Stafford to lift a pint and have a nice corned beef sandwich.

All my love

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.