Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday, Monday. It snowed. Actually it both snowed and rained a bit and left the roads very slippery. It was just fine when I left for bible study at 9ish. But by the time I left Mother's at noon it was snowing and slippery. SO I decided to forego the Rhine Plymouth meeting tonight. Since it sleeted more this afternoon, I was afraid of icy roads.

Bible study was lively. There were eight of us. I shared a couple of things I learned at the retreat and Joe shared some poems that he had written at a retreat that he had attended in Oshkosh.

I stopped at Walgreens on the way home for prescriptions and OTC meds for Mom and Dick. Sure was glad to get home and be able to stay here.

I spent the afternoon cleaning my desk off and doing some of our accounting. I am getting things ready for Tax Preparation. I believe that we have everything now.

We had chicken enchailada stacks for supper. Boy were they good.

We are going to change our schedule a bit this week and do our grocery shopping tomorrow instead of Wednesday. Wednesday is getting rather busy with it being Ash Wednesday and the Sheboygan Theater with Mom in the evening.

Mom and I were talking about hospitality and how she never knew who would be there for supper. First Dad brought home friends or buddies then her kids did the same. Jeff had army buddies who came and stayed sometimes. I mentioned that when I was living in California in my previous marriage, I never knew who I would be feeding either. My ex worked on vehicles in the garage in back and those who were there just ate if it was dinner time. I remember one day making cookies and the first two sheets of 20 were gone before I finished baking up the batch just with people walking in and out of the house for whatever.

This is an early Irish verse welcoming the stranger that made us remember our "hospitality". I shared it with her and used it for our opening prayer at bible study this morning. I love the thought.

I saw a stranger yesterday,
I put food for him in the eating place
Drink in the drinking place,
Music in the listening place,
And in the holy name of the trinity,
He blessed me, my family and people,
And the lark said as she sang:
Often Often Often Christ comes in the form of a stranger.

I mentioned to her that Dick found that very odd that people just dropped in and stayed. We did not find it odd because it just happened. Sometimes I miss it.

Love

Mary

No comments: