Thursday, February 07, 2008

Got up this morning to deep snow. The plows had been on the main road but the driveways were not plowed yet nor were the sidewalks shoveled. But before we had to leave for Dick's blood test the sidewalks were shoveled and when the guy with the plow saw that the door opened and I was taking stock of how to best get over the snowpile in the driveway he did ours first. I was SO grateful. I could have done it with the four wheel drive, but am just as glad not to have to test it.

Dick's blood test was MUCH better. It is down from 3.9 to 2.8. We have to get it to below 2.5 before the surgery next Friday. Sue will test it again on Tuesday. Then she will be able to fine tune it.

We did not go out again today. I was glad. I cleaned bathrooms and snipped on the denim quilt and worked on the desk stuff. I finally transcribed my notes from the retreat and am ready for the Cream City Writers in two weeks.

Some show on TV showed a woman who did not know how to hold little kid. She was holding him under his arms with his little legs dangling. It reminded me of a trip that I made to Wisconsin when Bret was just a baby, maybe nine months or something. Mother and I went out shopping and everybody was gone except Dolores and Jeff. So we left them in charge of Bret. He needed his diaper changed and they decided that the easiest way to do it was to have Jeff hold him up in the air while Dolores took the old one off and put the clean one on.

It worked, as I remember, because the diaper stayed on but it must have been quite an adventure for Bret. For the rest of the visit, whenever he set eyes on Dolores or Jeff he would start giggling.

Saturday is the annual Deeley Wild Game and Beer Tasting Party. I must remember to take the roast out in the morning.

Have a good Friday.

Love

Mary

No comments: