Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It's been a long long day.

Got up at six and walked Chelsea a little bit. I was careful with her today. Last night, after I went to bed and before Dick came in, Chelsea was on the bed with me. She woke up coughing and stood up as is her wont when she starts that. Suddenly she just kind of fainted and tumbled right off the bed. Scared me half to death. She landed on her back, I think and turned right over. By the time I got to her she was looking a little puzzled and seemed somewhat subdued. But she came alert pretty quickly after I held her for a bit. Poor Baby.

I finished the sewing on the denim quilt today. Now I have all the clipping of the seams and then a good washing to fuzz it up.

Dick had a dentist appointment today. His first with the new dentist. He decided to got to the same one I am going to and we will coordinate our visits from now on. Dick likes him because Dr. Joseph said his gums and teeth are in really good shape.

On the way out of the parking lot, I Looked both ways and then looked back to my left and backed out slowly right into Bill Cain. Should have kept my eyes to my right. Fortunately there seems to be little damage. The side of his van has a slight buckle and he is going to take it over to Burkhart to see if they can pop it out the rest of the way. There is no scratch and no break in the paint or the metal. At first we weren't sure there WAS anything, but Bill had heard it and knew there was contact. Bill hugged me and pointed out that noone was hurt and that is the important thing.

We are getting another winter storm. I do believe that this one will ruin any chance of taking Mother to the play and dinner tomorrow night. We certainly will not be able to go to church during the day. I took a run to her house this evening before the snow because she was out of her pills today and I did not want her to go any longer without them.

I also swung over to Kate's this afternoon to look at her newly painted kitchen and see what I thought about one spot of color and to take her the papers from the retreat. She really hated to miss that.

I guess that is all. It was all in all a mixed day. Some ups some downs. The trouble is that the downs were quite troubling.

Anyway. Tomorrow may be a day to stay in our cave. Take care and stay warm.

Mary

No comments: