Friday, February 08, 2008

It is now light enough at 6:30AM that if it is not too slippery and if the snow goes down A LOT, Chelsea and I will be able to take our morning walks again.

This morning we did go around the Tallgrass cul de sac and then up the road and down Cattail. She was a very happy little girl. Between the snow the cold this is the worst winter that she and I have gone through together. Now it is supposed to drop down into single digits and below zero for the next couple of days again. EEEEWWWWW!!!!!

I cleaned the kitchen today and then went to have lunch with the girls at Dairy Queen. I am sure glad they have grilled cheese as it is lent and Fridays are meatless. They also have a fish sandwich or a dinner salad so there are choices. But since Dick and I had supper at St. John the Baptist tonight I did not want fish. I will not be able to join the ladies for several weeks as Dick will be starting his vein procedures next Friday.

I had several errands while I was out. Chelsea was almost out of one of her pills so I stopped at Kettle Moraine for that, then on to the Pig. I bought a couple of things we needed to take advantage of .99 eggs. The Pig Points are mounting. I now have .79 off on my next gasoline fillup.

We went for our supper at St. John's at about 4:30. Boy do they have a good fish fry. We will go every Friday that we can during Lent. They serve fish, potatoes or noodles, rye bread, cole slaw, applesauce and homemake desserts. It is the best fish in Plymouth. At least the best that we have found. We can get a senior plate which is two pieces of fish and MORE than enough as they are big and very meaty. It is so sweet. Groups of children take your order, lead you to your seats and then bring your your fish.

Then I drove out to Rhine and shot three targets for the league. I did not do badly at all. I got ALL 30 ON the targets. And two of the targets had all scoring shots. A long way to go but I AM improving.

I have my new schedule for next year at Rhine, at least through October. Doesn't look bad at all now that we are closed on Sundays except for the Lewis Shoots. I think that MIGHT increase our membership as people will no longer be committing such a big block of time. I am going out on Sunday to take a picture of Tom Lawonn. He laughed, but I told him that I want to name the wine made from HIS currants and put his picture on the label. He looked secretly pleased. I won't be able to shoot pistol and it is supposed to be REALLY cold so I won't want to shoot trap so it is strictly a "business" meeting.

Tomorrow is the 31st Annual Deeley Annual Wild Game and Beer Tasting Party. I think that most of you know that this event is always held at the home of the winner of the previous beer tasting contest. This year it is at Aunt Donna Deeley's (and Uncle Randy of course) house. She is PLANNING on winning again. Her daughter, Jessica, and niece, Sara, plus nephew's Shawn and John are seriously wanting to take away the crown, (actually a traveling trophy). Any of these challengers would take the trophy from the now "older" generation and put the "youngsters" in charge. Are they ready for the challenge? Only time will tell. It has been done before. I don't know what is happening to the "experienced" among us. I, myself along with my daughter in law, Michelle , being only a serving wenches, do not compete and have to rely on the expertise of my siblings and their spouses to keep these young whelps in line.


The results tomorrow.

love
Mary

No comments: