Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday and Much warmer than it has been. Chelsea and I took a walk. A nice walk. It was about 19 degrees when we went out. As we were nearing home, she suddenly stopped and looked at me so sadly. I do worry. She is getting old and I see her aging. I am minded of the little boy who said that dogs don't live as long as we do because: God puts us on earth to learn how to be good so we can come and be with him and dogs are good to begin with so it doesn't take them so long.

Betsy is in town to stay with her mother for a week. Don't know if I will get a chance to see her. Sure hope so. But I KNOW how precious that time is when one comes from out of state and I am sure that Dorothy is in need of a lot of TLC.

Went to the 8AM Mass. It was still a bit slippery at that time. The Mass was nice. Fr. Van Beeck does do such a nice sermon. He spoke of John the Baptist saying that people were to "Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand." Then Jesus preached the same thing. The thing that was interesting is that we think of "at hand" meaning either the end of the earth or our own death. What if he just meant that God Is Here! Why not.

The rest of the day was quite lazy. I finished a sweatshirt jacket for a CWI member and finished crocheting a hat and Dick and I bottled some current wine.

Now it is after 7, we are watching the Screen Actor's Guild Awards and winding down for the evening.

My son in law Bill Smith sent the following. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Read til the end please.

Mary

SIGN IN A PHILADELPHIA STORE WINDOW

"WE WOULD RATHER
DO BUSINESS WITH
1,000 AL-QAEDA TERRORISTS

THAN WITH ONE SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER!"


This sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in Philadelphia . You are probably outraged at the thought of such an inflammatory statement.
However, we are a society which holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps our greatest liberty.


And after all, it is just a sign.

You may ask what kind of business would dare post such a sign.



Answer: A Funeral Home
(Who said morticians had no sense of humor?)

No comments: