Monday, January 28, 2008

Another Monday. I still have Mondays. Today was a full day.

Chelsea and I started with a nice walk. It was only degrees 19 at the time. I knew it was supposed to get up to almost 40 but figured it was just a well to get the walk over with when I knew I had the time.

Bible study was interesting. There were six of us there today. Next week's gospel is Matthew's presentation of the Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes. They are a road map of how to live and a promise of wonders in eternity.

Then I stopped at Mother's and brought her a meal and some dessert. We signed her up for Equifax monitoring of her credit as it was offered free because she was one of those whose SSN was sent out on a mailing. As Mother does not use credit cards or even her debit card, which she does have, there is little chance that she will be hit, BUT we figured that if this was offered, we might as well take advantage of it. That is the dumbest system for signing up. Mother could never have done it. It is an interchange with an automatic system. Voice and keypad were offered. The machine had difficulty picking up my voice. I ended up shouting and Mother thought that was very funny. It is done anyway.

Then home again where we got Dick ready for his shower. I made some chicken salad for his lunch tomorrow, as I am going to meet Kate and Toni to discuss the April Spring Fling for CWI.

Does anybody know of a good place to eat in Oconomowoc that is easy to get to and near either Sawyer or Delafield Road.

We listened to the President's State of the Union. Lots of Hoop La. He spoke of balancing our budget and living within our means. He did not mention that his war got us to the majority of the debt that we are in right now and we are sinking deeper with each day. I am glad that some troops are not being replaced when they come home. I find the fact that no one wants to admit that SSI SHOULD be solvent and WOULD be solvent if it had not been tapped for things that it was not intended to be used for.

Anyway, now the Democrats are responding and we will see what they have to say.

Apparently there was a death in Tall Grass today. Helen and Harold said that the emergency vehicles, followed by and ambulance and then the hearse from Sushon Funeral Home blocked off the street this morning while I was still in Falls. I will know for sure in the morning. It was probably early enough to be in the Press's death announcements.

Well I have to get ready for bed now. Have a good Tuesday.

Mary

No comments: