Thursday, January 31, 2008

It was 0 degrees when I woke up this morning. The high was about 19 which was a real pleasure after these days of sub zero that we have had the past few days.

I opted not to take Chelsea for a real walk though. The roads are really quite slippery and I am not taking any chances on slipping again. I fell twice at the beginning of the winter and managed not to hurt myself. I am not pushing it.

I was a medical taxi today. This morning Dick had to to to the anti-coagulation clinic. Not good. His reading was 3.9. It is supposed to be between 2 and 3 and last time it was 2.1. We think we know why. Sue has adjusted his meds and will see him next Thursday to see if it is working. Then we have to go back the following Tuesday to be set for his surgery on the 15th.

At 10AM I picked up Mother and took HER to see Dr. Hancock for her checkup. All of her readings were good. He said she can wait four months for her next appointment unless something comes up.

Then I came home and spent the afternoon cleaning bathrooms and getting ready for tomorrow.

It is set, Maureen, her friend, Gail, Rosemary and I will meet at 5PM at The Gathering on Hillside (we liked the idea of the name Gathering, it sounds so Irish) for supper. We will check in at the Retreat Center after 6:15PM.

Hope your day was nice and warm and went Just the way you wished.
Love
Mary

No comments: