Sunday, January 20, 2008

Believe it or not , it is actually warmer now than it was most of the day and it is only 0 degrees. This is bitter cold but it is supposed to be warming up a bit this next week. At least we will get to double digits.

I went to the 8AM Mass. It was not quite as full as usual, probably because of the cold. I got a call from Mother. She asked me to pick up a Blessed Trinity Bulletin for her. She stayed home because of the bitter cold too. I am sure glad she didn't try to go.

The rest of the day was very quiet around here. I sewed a bit on my denim quilt and cut out the edging for another Celtic Women Sweatshirt Jacket. I did some crocheting. I am going to be making caps for cancer patients who loose their hair during treatments. Apparently there is a big demand for them so I figured I can put some together of an evening while watching TV to keep my hands busy.

Just finished watching the Packer's lose the playoff game with NY. What a disappointment. They just weren't playing. They didn't seem to be putting any heart into it. So despite the fact that they managed to be tied at the end, they did not play all that well and we were not really surprised. Disappointed but not surprised. So , we wait until next year.

Barb called during the game and we had a nice phone visit. It will be nice when she is done with that assignment in Florida and they decide for sure what thy are going to do. It is hard for them to be so far apart. She goes home for four days in early February.

Take care and have a good week.

Mary

No comments: