Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I think we must have had a foot of snow last night. It was fluffy and deep. Chelsea was up to her little neck. She did her Pepe Le Pew bouncing this morning which is awfully cute to see but then we had to wander around until we found a spot with the snow low enough that she could do her bathroom duties. It is pretty hard to squat when the snow is as high as your bottom.

This afternoon, she was really funny. She ran across the plowed road and jumped up into the bank that had been made even deeper by the plows and darn near disappeared. Didn't bother her too much.

We had an appointment with Dr. Hodous for Dick's feet this morning. There was black ice off and on all the way between here and the Clinic. Fortunately, we were not in any hurry and I just took my time. A couple of times I felt the car start to stray but was able to keep it steady. One of the open callouses seems to be healing. It is almost healed which we really did not expect. So that was and is a relief. We must be doing something right.

Had the furnace and humidifier checked today. All is well, and he changed the filter. He did suggest that we get a Carbon Monoxide Detector as the heat exchange on these furnaces is known to be weak and it is eight years old now. We need to be on that. We will check on that. Seems to me that Jim checked those things out when we were at Hunters Glen and we had one. Ryan, the inspector, said that Steger DOES carry them. They run from $45 to $195 including installation. We will ask Jim first.

I received an envelope from my niece, Vikki, today. She sent back the pictures that I had shared from when we used to go jeeping out there in the deserts and sand dunes. She also sent me a wonderful gift. A poster of her son Scott Simon #181 riding his cycle with an insert of his face. She is right, he has Johnston plastered all over him. A nice looking young man. I will hang this poster. I love things like that.

Love

Mary

No comments: