Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dick and I went grocery shopping this morning. We checked the Wilderness Restaurant because Jim and Michelle had told us that it was open again. It is apparently, BUT not for breakfast so we proceeded on to Mc Donalds. Dick got a big breakfast and I got a sausage Mc Griddle. They do have good breakfasts. Then on to the Pig for grocery shopping. With a concentrated effort we were done by 9:15 and even with getting gas in the car were home by 9:30AM. Not a bad effort.

I put the groceries away and Dick and Chelsea went down for a nice nap. My friend Nancy Roehre picked me up at 11AM and we headed for Sheboygan. We stopped first at her sister in law's house. Her sister in law is Kathy Roehre Burich who graduated from High School with both Nancy AND me. They are on the high school reunion committee and Nancy was picking up the flyers that are to be mailed for our reunion this summer. Would you believe that we will be celebrating our 50th High School Reunion this summer? I can't.

Then we drove over to Gander Mountain where Nancy's pistol was waiting for her. Nancy is really enjoying pistol league and shooting. I am delighted to have someone to shoot with once in a while. She had been using her brother Jack's pistol but it is rather big and cumbersome for a little person. She bought a ruger. When she went to Gander Mountain and explained what she was doing and where she was shooting and who she was shooting with, Norb, the salesperson said that he knew me and was SO helpful to her. Bobbie, he is Norb of Norb and Rocky.

We stopped for a quick lunch at Quisno's on the way home.

I tried to take a short nap but it was cut even shorter by Chelsea, who was a real problem this afternoon. I took her for a 15 minute walk, she did everything. Was at my desk 10 minutes later and she was whining to go out again ( at least I THINK she wanted to go out) So I took her out again for another 15 t0 20 minute walk and then she started pestering me again. She is really either getting senile or really having difficulties. I try to be really understanding because she is old, But I am getting very tired and am not exactly young either. I sure get tired after the third or forth time dressing up to take her out in a two hour period. One has to start with that because she cannot talk and tell us what she wants.

Tonight we took Mother out for her birthday dinner. We went to Richards in Sheboygan Falls. It was a lovely evening. I mentioned to Rose, the waitress, and a dear friend, that it was for Mom's birthday and they brought her a big piece of decadent chocolate dessert to share with a candle and we all sang Happy Birthday. The other waitress is Nancy Roehre's sister and went to school with my brother Jeff. She was totally surprised that her sister is shooting pistol. So I spilled lots of stuff to her.

One more extremely cold night and then the temperatures are supposed to warm up a bit. We are certainly ready for a break.

Love

Mary

No comments: