Saturday, January 19, 2008

Another Chilling Day. It never even reached 0 degrees. Can you believe a day spent in temperatures below zero? Tomorrow does not look much better. Pity to poor football players tomorrow. Actually, they do get paid enough. As I said I am sure glad that I don't have to go to the game.

I cleaned the office today. The rest of the day was a lazy day. Jim and Michelle came over for dinner. We were "paying" them for putting up the new blinds in the living room for us. One of the strings broke on the old one. So I had to replace all three as I don't know where these came from. Besides I found out from Donna that they have them with touch rather than string controls. So I had ordered them from Penney's then found that the new brackets are slightly different than the old ones. I was able to take them apart but am not good about using drills and stuff over my head to put them back up.

Jim got them up in no time at all and they look wonderful. I am so pleased and it even gave them idea for their bedroom blinds.

We had chicken enchilada stacks and bean tostadas for dinner along with a chocolate cheesecake. It all turned out very good.

Leslie and Bill closed on their home in Louisiana yesterday and began moving today. We will not hear from them until Tuesday when their internet and phones are all hooked up again. They are SO excited and will be SO exhausted. But what a wonderful way to get exhausted. Leslie had the neatest quote at the bottom of the last email.

***Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the
morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh no....she's awake!!"***


Sounds like a good way to hit the day. Lets all pray that the Packers win tomorrow. Isn't this exciting?

Love

Mary

No comments: