Sunday, November 04, 2007

I'm starting early tonight because I am very tired. Daylight savings time started this morning and Dick managed to keep Chelsea away from me until the "new" 6AM which is a minor miracle in itself. We had a very nice walk though walking in that dusky light is difficult for picking up "you know what". It was misting a bit too but was not cold and I did not get wet.

I went to the 8AM Mass. The folk choir was singing. They sang As I Go Down to the Water to Pray, which I dearly love. I sing it when I am walking or alone in the car to myself. The first reading was from the book of Wisdom. The reading says that in the eyes of God the WHOLE universe is as a grain of sand or as a drop of dew upon the earth. Pretty insubstantial. Fr. Van Beeck pointed out the we also need to remember that we were made BY God and that in itself makes us kind of special AND if we believe - Jesus died for us and that can make us REALLY special. Humility AND trust. A good combination.

Bobbie and I worked at Rhine today. It was DEAD. The Packer game was on. Bobbie left early because it WAS so dead and WHY NOT. I stayed until the end of the game and helped count the money. What a game. They won. But I guess you guessed that even if you are not a Packer fan. (Hard to believe.) I really enjoyed watching it with my Rhine Plymouth friends.

ALSO, I asked Doc to go down to the rifle range and we sighted in my 20 gauge for deer hunting. I now know that the sights are off and cannot be adjusted and that I need to aim a bit up and to the right. I was very relieved to know that it wasn't me. After Doc tried and hit right about where I was hitting, we knew it was the gun. Now, when I go out to check my spot, I won't have to carry the gun. Just get my spot ready.

Dick and I had a pastie for supper with veggies and salad. NUM NUM.

Dick still has his sore throat AND his backache. He will try to get an appointment with Dr. Sharon tomorrow. His surgery is scheduled for Wednesday and an infection in his system could be the end of that. Pray please. Delaying just makes this whole healing process drag on even longer.

Tomorrow Bible Study and Rhine Plymouth meeting. Doc is sad because Bobbie is going to drop out of the club for a year. She had told me that. With her retirement, she wants to settle in and get herself and Bill all used to not working together. Not a bad idea. But Doc is very sad. I hope that she does decide to come back. We always had fun there.

Take care and enjoy your week.

Love

Mary

No comments: