Thursday, November 08, 2007

We found out a LOT today. The bleeding has mostly subsided so we are grateful for that.

We DID get in to see Dr. Herman, an urologist, at 9:10 this morning. He believes that the bleeding was a result of the catheter and his enlarged prostate. He has ordered a cystoscopy of Dick's bladder to absolutely rule out any cysts or that type of problem. This will happen on Monday afternoon. He does not believe that it is the kidney stone because it is SO small.

After we got home, I went grocery shopping and then took a nap. For some reason, I am just drained.

Then I did cleaned the bathrooms and generally policed the house. We got Dick all ready for his shower and that is all done now. The entry point for the "procedure" looks great and there is no swelling of hard spots. So that means that it is not bleeding. So now we just have to observe until Monday when he sees Dr. Herman again.

It is really funny. Dick had appointments every day this week and I have to take Chelsea to see HER doctor tomorrow.

I remember when I was about 19 on a warm summer day. I decided that as I am SO white I would try to get a suntan in the back yard. So. I got on my bathing suit and took a blanket and went out into the back yard and stretched out. I was basking in the warm sun when my brother George happened by and he asked me what I was doing. He was about 8 at the time. So I told him I was taking a sunbath. That was a BIG mistake. He immediately started howling and ran all over the place telling everybody that his sister was taking a bath WITHOUT WATER!!!

Have a nice Friday.

Love

Mary

No comments: