Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A good day and a not so good day.

It was windy and COLD again. The wind just penetrates one's clothes and leaves one hugging oneself to try to keep warm.

We got to the Clinic in Plymouth at 8AM. Good thing. Dick got his blood test which showed the CATScan people what THEY had to know and lets Dr. Siddique know that he is OK for the "procedure" tomorrow.

The CATScan went as planned. Dick said it was relatively easy and took only about 20 minutes so we were able to move on to the Sheboygan Clinic for his appointment with Dr. Hodous. I think I mentioned the blister that has appeared above the open callous on his left foot. Well, it is not good. I was right to have him see Dr. Hodous early. He cleaned it up and prescribed an antibiotic in case there is any infection. He took a swab to verify the fact. I felt so bad. I really thought that we were on top of things. Dr. Hodous assured me that any open sore like that invites trouble and that it can flare very easily but I still feel bad and wonder if there is any thing else I should be doing.

When we got home, I fixed lunch and we did some Quicken work.

Dick went down for a nap at about 2 and I headed out for a haircut. I am grateful that I found a hairdresser in Plymouth that does a really nice job of cutting it. I had Maria for so long but don't want to have to go into Sheboygan for more than is necessary.

Dick called from Madison tonight to let his Dad know that "The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!" is on tonight. We visited for a while. "Dad" asked Dick when they would be arriving on Thanksgiving and it was pointed out that we don't know what time dinner is planned for this year. It is the decision of the host each year and Jim and Michelle have not announced the details as yet. I am sure that it will be forthcoming. After all it is still a bit over two weeks away.

This past week was pretty good for me in my Fantasy Football league. I tied with Jeff for second place and moved back into 15th place. That may not sound impressive to you but I started off with the very worst week and have been slowly working my way up. Then last week I blew it. So this was really a coup. Actually, my goal is to WIN one week. We will see.

Tomorrow will be a very LONG day. We have to be at Sheboygan Memorial at 6:30AM and probably I will be able to bring Dick home at about 6PM. I will stay except for a two hour stretch shortly after lunch when I will come home and walk Chelsea and make sure that she is OK.

Pray for us.

Love

Mary

No comments: