Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Well. This has been a distressful day and the weather has been chilly and damp to go along with it.

I told you last night that Chelsea had several seizures. Well, she kept waking us up and herself, of course, coughing and I assume seizing all night. I called her vet at 7AM and they were able to see her at 8:45AM. The news is both bad and good.

We left her there for x-rays and blood tests which showed that her heart is enlarged and that there is water around it. The first exam told them that the heart murmur is very strong.

The good news is that there are medications that should help her. She is now taking furosemide and an ace inhibitor. We find this to be a bit amusing because Dick also take furosemide and an ace inhibitor. Mother REALLY finds this amusing. We were commenting that years ago if a dog got sick like that they just had to suffer and die. Just like people.

After we dropped her off at the vet, we did our grocery shopping. The Pig has a hamburger special JUST Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I will have go go back to take advantage of that. $1.49 is a great price. Then I remember when we used to be able to get it for .25 per pound. I am really trying to be a wise shopper, especially after the class I went to last week, even if I did not win the shopping spree. I figure since I did not win, I am building up to a really big win of something. I am actually a bit disappointed. I had even asked Bobbie to be my partner.

I picked my jalapeno peppers yesterday. Since I already froze all I need, I think I will string them up and dry them. I might try a half dozen poppers too.

We had chicken and stuffing for supper. I figured out how to make a smaller batch that tastes good. I just took two cups of stuffing mix. stirred it into 1/2 cup boiling water and 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter, 1/2 chopped apple and some chopped onion. I put it into a casserole dish, topped it two browned chicken legs, roasted it for 45 minutes covered and 15 uncovered. WA LA. All done and Nummy.

Tomorrow we SHOULD with any luck at all be able to stay home all day again. I have two articles to finish and some sewing to do.

I am going to try rubbing Vicks Vaporub on the bottom of my feet tonight. It is, urban legend stuff, supposed to stop nighttime coughing. I figure I have nothing to lose. Then I will only have to cope with Chelsea if she starts coughing and seizing again.

Wish me luck.

Mary

No comments: