Sunday, October 07, 2007

Another hot day. I got up at 6AM as I went to the 8AM Mass. Chelsea and I had a very nice walk. We stayed in Tallgrass today as it is getting pretty dark that early and I don't like to be too far from home. As winter moves in, I will start taking her out for a chance to do what is necessary early and we will take our walk a bit later, after my shower and breakfast.


I picked up some bacon and cold medicine on the way home from church and stopped and got gas. With my "Pig Points" I was able to get .20 of per gallon. Now that we can get the gas right here in town, I will be much more aware of how I spend my grocery money.

This afternoon, I went to Rhine with my friend Nancy. Her brother Jack has lent her his 22 pistol so she is rather excited about shooting. She does quite well too. I think if she continues, she will be a good competitor for Lil and Me. Actually Lil is outshining me by a mile lately. That's OK. I will just keep plugging along.

We had leftover chicken and fresh mashed potatoes for supper tonight. And pumpkin pie for dessert.

I am going to try potato scones, a recipe that I found in a cookbook at Bobbie's house when I was feeding kitties. I will let you know how it is and if they are good, give you the recipe which is really simple.

Nora called tonight. They were at Mother's house. Dick and I are going to meet them for breakfast tomorrow at 52 Stafford where they are staying. If we decide that we want more that a continental breakfast, we will take them down the street to the Family Restaurant. It will be nice to spend one on one with them.

The Packers are playing and doing quite well. They are ahead but one of their receivers has fumbled twice. Not good. The Packers are holding them and keep getting the ball back though.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: