Monday, October 22, 2007

It was somewhat cooler today, AND we are getting a little rain tonight. Yesterday was warm and the house got too hot by evening.

Chelsea and I had a very nice walk. It was dark and she had a minor spell just before we left so I kept her on beaten path and out of most of the park. The thought of carrying her though unlit parks and woods if she had another one did not appeal to me.

Went to bible study in Falls. The readings were about remembering that everybody is somebody and that God looks at all of us as equally important. The Gospel was about the Pharisee who thought so much about himself that he made a point of telling GOD how good he was and mentioned that he was MUCH better than the tax collector who was also praying and asking for mercy. Something to think about.

Somehow we got on the subject of how many children people have. I think because of the fact that we all have our own lives, responsibilities and (Yes) burdens. Peggy, who also comes from a large family, remembered her mother and some other mothers (also with multiple children) talking about the Holy Family. She remembers the comment thrown around. "And them with their ONE."

Stopped at Mother's afterwards and we had our usual fun visit. Today we were remembering the Union Chorus during the Kohler Strike. This local chorus was really quite good. They traveled. Dad got to travel all over the country with the chorus and sing at various union functions. They went by bus, as Mother remembers. Mother ran into a lady recently that she remembered was also in the chorus, so she introduced herself. The lady was quite delighted and remembered Dad very well. And then she told Mother "And there was NO hanky panky on those trips either." We got such a kick out of that. The woman was a single lady who worked at the plant.

I went over to Jim and Michelle's this morning and again this evening to feed, water and clean Boots' litter box. This evening I spent a bit of time so he won't be so lonely. He played a bit and seemed MUCH happier to see me. I bet by the end of the week, I will be just the greatest thing since white bread.

I did a bit of quilting and cut out a lot of flannel squares for the denim quilt that I will be assembling as my next big project.

Tomorrow, we are doing a bit of clothes shopping for Dick. He doesn't particularly like to do that so it will not be a real joy. I get to be home the rest of the day.

Later

Mary

No comments: