Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I baked a pie and some muffins today. I had mixed up some "6 Week Bran Muffins" probably six weeks ago so figured that I had better get them baked.

We had gotten some apples last Wednesday and I had a pie crust mixed in the refrigerator. The pie was really good. I fixed a crumb top pie.

We went shopping for jeans for Dick today. We did not do too well. He is reconsidering and we MAY go online. The only ones we found had really wide legs and he did not like that.

I worked on a quilt this afternoon too. While I was downstairs, I checked the Gewertiziminor wine that we mixed up last Saturday and it will be ready to rack to the secondary fermenter tomorrow. I believe we are down to a system again. We have figured out how to avoid Dick having to lift the big 5 gallon jugs, which was becoming way to hard.

Yesterday, Mother mentioned that one of Aunt Kathleen's kids, I think Jim, asked Aunt Kathleen if he could come back here from Texas for Christmas with his family, even if Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Bob are south as they usually are at that time. It reminded me of when I lived in California. We, with the jeep club, used to go on a snow run every winter. We would wait for lots of snow up on Big Bear and start early on a Saturday or Sunday morning. We would then spend the day riding on the back roads and trails of the mountain. We'd slide down hills on inner tubes and build snowmen and have snowball fights, then end up in Big Bear City at a nice warm pub and restaurant for warm fire and food, then home.

Frankly, that was about all the snow I felt I needed. It would be quite enough now, though it is nice if we have snow for Christmas.

It was a quiet day overall. I spent a little time both this morning and this evening with Boots. He is warming up a bit. I had to trick him this morning to get him back into the bedroom.

Chelsea did pretty well today. She did have one seizure at about noon, but seems to be down to one a day.

Take care

Mary

No comments: