Friday, October 05, 2007

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good considering that is is the second day of my cold. I slept like a rock for 9 hours which helped a LOT.

Chelsea and I had a nice walk and then I got right into cleaning the kitchen and putting a stew into the crock pot. Up until a few years ago, my stews were notorious for being really disappointing, but NOW I have two stews that taste very good. One I found a couple of years ago and this one just recently.

All you do is put stew meat, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, potato, salt, pepper, tomato paste, oregano and beer in the crock pot and cook it for 6 to 8 hours on low. Then mix some flour and melted butter and let cook until thickened. It is marvelous.

I went to a workshop on Stretching your Food Dollar today at 10AM. I learned quite a bit. Much of the tips I know and am already using or have found don't really work for us. I am also in a drawing for a shopping spree at the Pig in Sheboygan Falls. The odds are pretty good they are picking four and there were only 16 attendees at the workshops. Cross your fingers, it would really be fun. I told Dick, if I am drawn, he can't be my partner, I need someone faster. I thought I might ask Bobbie.

I mailed Bret his fudge today and sent a couple of books, mine and the one of my Dad's poems, to my friend Janet in Costa Mesa. I hope she enjoys them.


Maxine on 'Technology Revolution' 'My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice.'

The above was part of a plug to nominate Maxine for president.

Have a great weekend.

Mary

No comments: