Monday, October 01, 2007

Another full day. Chelsea and I were lucky again. It rained during the night. We went for our walk between the storms, by the time I left for bible study at 9AM it was just pouring. I live walking in the fall of the year. It is usually cool but not too cold. Of course, there is the fact that it is starting to stay dark a bit later too. Pretty soon, I will just take her out front to do the necessary stuff and then we will take a walk after my shower and breakfast.

Bible study was interesting. I mentioned to one of our people that apple cider vinegar and honey would probably help her husband clear up his sinuses and she mentioned that a friend of hers takes apple cider vinegar and honey for the symptoms of menopause. That old Vermont Folk Medicine is interesting. I am going to start taking it every day. Must tell Bret to try it too. I called him last night and he has a sinus infection.

We worked on Dick's legs this afternoon AND cut his hair. Tomorrow we see Dr. Hodous and Sue at the Anticoagulation Clinic just before noon. Then I am going to go over to Kurt and Jody's house to drop off the quilt that I made for Sean, the newest munchkin. I will put a picture on the blog.

Tonight I had to go to Rhine Plymouth for the monthly meeting. Dennis Behr, our Vice President, ran the meeting and zipped through things fast enough that I was home by 8:15PM

I fixed a potato salad this morning. Took some to Mother along with some soup and the Sunday casserole. She is always delighted to get casseroles because she never makes them. I told her I was glad I had someone to share with or it probably wouldn't be practical for Dick and me either.

I showed her the blanket and we reminisced about our "blanket babies." George, my brother, had a blanket when he was little. We both remember him napping beside the washing machine and lying under the clothes line when it became too stinky to bear.

Bret had a blanket too. I remember vividly the day I "killed" it. It was all worn and faded. The satin binding was lost except for one side which was hanging on by only threads. I asked him if it was all right if I tore that raggedy piece off of the blanket. He said OK. I asked him again and even kind of showed him what I was going to do. He agreed. So I did it.

His eyes got wide with shock and he wailed, "What did you do to my blankie" He did survive though. I wonder if he remembers.

Be good and remember: "If raising children was going to be easy, it never would have started with something called labor."

Actually, I remember saying to Dr. Roper when I was hours into delivering Bret that I was really tired and he said, "That's why they call it labor."

Love

Mary

No comments: