Saturday, August 18, 2007

This will be VERY short. It is 1:15AM and I am about ready to go to bed after spending a wonderful afternoon and evening with my friends Beth and Kate at Irishfest. I am hoarse, but not as hoarse as I have been known to get. We had such a good time and I was able to introduce two of my favorite people to each other and Beth is interested in joining our Celtic Group. Don't forget, you can all come to or just let me know that you are interested if you are busy on Wednesday August 29 at 7PM.

We shopped and ate and heard the Celtic Tenors, the tribute to Tommy Makem, a performance at the harp tent and Gaelic Storm. We also saw bits and pieces of several other performers. I introduced my friends to Irish Coffee and scones at the Tipperary Tea Room and Meade. Altogether a successful and satisfying day.

To top it off, the news that you all have been waiting to hear. The house closed almost as planned. The amount that Sue had told us was a bit off because the closing agent had "forgotten" to include the transfer tax, BUT it did not matter, they redid things had closed it anyway and everything is DONE. We only own one house and have only one mortgage and we are happy campers. Thank you for all your prayers.

Now I have a problem. I couldn't find St. Joseph. Do you think it will be OK if I buy another statue of St. Joseph to put on my mantle or my display shelves? Perhaps it will be. That way he can be a protector for the new owners of the house.

Love
Mary

No comments: