Sunday, August 12, 2007

Did you enjoy the picture of my kitties? You can see why I miss them. They would be my companions on my desk and I didn't even mind too much that they took up a good percentage of my work space. My little fuzzy buddies.

Had a wonderful day. Chelsea woke me up too early, but I was able to take a nap before heading to St. Michael's for the Gathering of the Clans. The weather was perfect. A bit warm, but not too humid and there was a lovely breeze wafting through the graveyard. Yes, we gather in the graveyard.

Actually we started with the Mass, the prelude at about 10:45 and the Mass at 11:00 followed by the meal, music, camaraderie and fun. All the work that I did on the Mass was well worth it. The service was beautiful. Fr. Mike gave a wonderful service and ending with the Celtic Song of Farewell to the tune of Danny Boy, followed by both verses of Danny Boy was a fitting and very Irish way to end the service. Someone told me that there were tears. Also very Irish and I was glad to be a part of bringing the tears to people's eyes.

Then we went around the graveyard to show the family stones to those family members who had not been there before. We discovered that my great great grandfather Michael Bowser and his wife Magdalena's monument was GONE. Just the slab remained. I asked Katie Dipple if she knew what had happened. Whew - She did. It had been picked up last week for restoration and repair. One of the King family branch of the family had arranged it. I am going to put a picture from last year along with a transcription of the inscription on the monument for you to see.

As I said, it was a lovely day. I handed out a lot of invitations to the meeting I have set up for an organization of a Celtic Women's Club here in the county. Anyone reading this is welcome to be a part of the group too. We are going to have our first meeting at my home on August 29 at 7PM. Celtic Women International if an organization dedicating to recognizing the contribution that Celtic Women have made to the world. Our Sheboygan Branch would naturally focus mainly on the Irish as we are mainly descended from the Irish. We would try to keep the local history alive, provide music, history and artistic Irish programs , help with genealogical searches and just have fun. If you are interested, just let me know or come. I will send an invitation if you would like one.

I guess that is about all. There was a very generous donation to Sarnelli House. I counted it tonight and will send the lot to Maggie Shea for deposit in Fr. Mike's account in the morning.

Dick is still tired and has a depressed appetite. We will check with the Doctor tomorrow for that and a couple of other questions. Keep praying.

Have a good week


Love

Mary

Love

Mary

No comments: