Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It was a rather cool misty day today. Chelsea and I went out for our walk at about 5:45AM. It was very pleasant. But she took every shortcut she could and we did not have a very LONG walk. I was really too tired to care.

Then I got showered and Dick and I went to Mc Donald's for breakfast, the bank and then grocery shopping. We were home by 9:30AM. At about 10:30 I went to Rhine to check with John N. as to what we finally decided to do for the bust up party next week. He is going to pick up subs, beans and potato salad and I will bake something and bring jalapeno Peppers for Doc. He says you can't have subs with out jalapenos. I was also looking for Tom to give him his gun case. I still want to practice with the gun he is having me try, but he loves his gun case and I don't want him to get nervous.

I went directly from there to the Family Restaurant in Plymouth where I spoke to the Rotary. Kate Hermann, my Irish friend, wanted me to talk to them about the Writers Club and about our proposed Celtic club. I think it went very well and I also had a good lunch. Then home for the rest of the day.

Sue from ReMax called and then emailed us a copy of the HUD statement. I checked everything our and it looked fine to me. The closing is scheduled for 11AM on Friday. Sue said that she would deposit the check into our bank account on her way back to the office. Then on Friday or Monday, whenever it clears, we can disperse the funds to the Kunerts and the Kunerts and close the joint accounts that have served me, Dick and Jim for 8 years. They will no longer be needed.

Tomorrow Dick sees Dr. Hodous for his callouses and Sue for a blood test. On our way home we will check the house for the last time, then drop the keys and the garage door opener off at ReMAX and sign the last paper and leave a deposit slip for the deposit. Whew. This has been a long haul.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine,
that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even
more of
the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Have a good Thursday

Mary

No comments: