Friday, June 15, 2007

It was HOT today. When Chelsea and I went for out walk, however, it was quite beautiful. Then I took my shower and Dick and I went out for breakfast.

I left two things out of yesterday's saga.

When I was cleaning up the kitchen after supper, I was moving a pan from the left to the right side of the sink - with the water running - the pan hit the faucet handle and it broke off with the water running like crazy. I tried to reattach it but found that it had actually cracked. So the only way to turn off the water was the valves under the sink.

SO this morning, we went to Sonntag Plumbing for help with the faucet and with the toilet in the guest bathroom upstairs. We have been struggling with that for months now. It may have been able to be fixed but Dick had decided that it would be better to replace it with a higher one with the longer seat which is better for him now. We got there at about 9:00AM and they came and did both jobs before 1:30PM. I am impressed and amazed.

We stopped at Hunters Glen while we were out and ran the water again. As I went out the garage side door to check the gardens, the guts of the lock box - with our key attached - fell onto the ground. Whoever had showed the house last did not put it back together properly. So I had to call ReMax for instructions as to how to put it back together. We were not happy.

I had lunch at Dairy Queen as usual, then went over to my friend Kate Herman's house to dig up some lavender that she said I could have. It is beautiful. I put a bunch in the front next to the sidewalk, two small bunches on the deck in pots and a large hunk down at the bottom of the garden. We had a good visit. I took her and her husband Ron two pasties for their supper and some lavender cookies. With all her lavender, she needs some way to use it aside from the scent use which is actually reason enough.

We brought home the sprinkler heads from Hunters Glen so I am now able to soak the gardens using them rather than standing out there spraying and getting eaten by mosquitoes.

Tomorrow I am going back to Hunters Glen to trim the bushes. Kate said to call her before I left. If nothing changes, she will come and help me. It is good to have good friends.

There was a second thing that I forgot to tell you about yesterday. When Dr. Schelcht lasered Dick's eyes, he told him that there might be floaters which will absorb. It is the debris that he "washed" off the lenses. As we were heading to lunch after the treatment, he suddenly looked at me and said that it looked like hundreds of ants were crawling all over me. We had a lot of fun with that. Fortunately it did not last too long. Today he is doing very well. The slight soreness that he was experiencing yesterday is mostly gone. He will be on eye drops for about a month.

And that is what is happening in Plymouth with the Kunerts today. A much nicer day than yesterday. Instead of things breaking, they were getting fixed and planted. I am feeling very fuzzy content this evening.

We also heard that Barbara, the kids' mother, is doing much better. Not well by any means but much better. So prayers and good medical care are working. We must keep up our end by continuing to pray.

Happy weekend.

Mary

No comments: