Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We got up at 6AM because we had to be at Aurora for Dick's therapy at 8:15AM. His legs look a bit better and I got a few more tips. Sandi also did a paraffin dip for my hands to see if it would help ease the arthritis in them. Actually they do feel better this evening. One dips each and into melted paraffin five times and then puts on rubber gloves and then just let the whole thing cool. It feals absolutely wonderful.

I spent a good portion of the day cleaning my desk off. It was just piled with papers and needed a thorough dusting. I also planted the tomatoes that Jeff and Kathy gave me and moved some chives to the back garden. I put some oregano and thyme in there too. The lemon balm is looking very healthy and I hope to get a good herb garden installed back there. Especially things that will come back year after year. I don't like to have too much yard work. Just a bit. The mosquitoes are also VERY thick at the bottom of my garden.

Tonight we bottled the Riesling wine. We are on a pretty good roll again. I have some scratch wines, current, dandelion, marigold in various stages and almost ready to bottle. Then we have to wait for at LEAST 6 months before we test them.

Tomorrow we are shopping, getting Dick's weekly blood test and in the evening will go to see Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Coat.

From the Rules of Conduct That Govern Good Society (from Victorian times)
by Professor Thomas E. Hill

BEHAVIOR TO BE AVOIDED AT THE TABLE

Never allow butter, soup, or other food to remain on your whiskers.

Never wear gloves at the table, unless your hands for some special reason are unfit to be seen.

Never, when serving others, overload the plat nor force upon them delicacies which they decline.

Never make a display when removing hair, insects, or other disagreeable things from your food. Place them quietly under the edge of your plate. (EE-UUUU!!!)


Love

Mary

No comments: