Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The mosquitoes are SO bad this year. If we get the odd scattered showers that they are talking about combined with the heat they will be unbearable. I am going to have to start spraying when Chelsea and I go for walks and if I work in the gardens.

We did our grocery shopping today after breakfast at Mc Donalds. Then we came home for a couple of hours. I caught up on phone calls and letters and emails. I also baked some bread. I found a recipe for some no knead bread. It tastes good. It has a real crusty crust. Does that make sense? The crust is thick and chewy but the inside seems tender enough so I will like it. Dick may not find it too great but he dies not eat much bread anyway. I took a small loaf to Mother.

We picked Mom up at about 5PM and went to Nino's for dinner. Mom and I had shrimp. It was really good and, of course, way too much food. I think I will have shrimp with my fruit salad tomorrow for lunch. The reason we went for dinner with Mom (not that we really need one) is that tonight was the last play of the Sheboygan Theatre Company for the season. They did Joseph as I mentioned in an earlier blog. We were very impressed. They did it as a circus performance and it fit just beautifully. The people who came out for the parts were all good and the choreographer did a great job. Even the band was better than usual. I am glad that we take so long to get out because we were there when the band finished their finale after every one else was gone and we could give them an enthusiastic round of applause. All three of us. I told Mother that when she sees Dr. Hancock next time she will have to tell him how much we liked his performance. He plays in the band for most of the musicals that are done here.

On the way out we ran in to Ralph Maffgongelli, the director, and were pleased to be able to tell him how much we enjoyed it. And that we have renewed for next year.

So it was a good day.

When we got home, we had a message from Jim that his mother is doing very poorly and that he and Michelle were going down to the hospital to be with her. Bobbie and Dick were already there. Does not look good. Please pray for her AND for them. Let God cradle her in His hand.

Love

Mary

No comments: