Saturday, April 14, 2007

We left at 8:15AM to catch the bus to the Fireside for their production of Fiddler on the Roof. It was, as usual, a very satisfying day.

We had a wonderful meal of chicken, potatoes, stir fry a wonderful fruit salad on a bed of greens and a great dessert along with their excellent breads. I bought two loaves of bread this time. I chose dill and the maple walnut.

The production was wonderful. All the performers outdid themselves. Dick mentioned something that had never occurred to me. What must it have been for the audience that saw the first performance of Fiddler and heard that marvelous piece Tradition with all the wonder of it for the very first time. WOW!! It LIVES and presents all the principal characters right at the top and you never forget them.

We got home at about 6:45 and was our Chelsea ever glad to see us. I fixed creamed egg and mashed potatoes for a light supper.

Talked to Barbara for a few minutes and will call her again tomorrow. She felt pretty good considering all. I am so glad. Keep praying for her quick recovery.

Guess that is all. I am tired and my hips hurt from all that sitting.

I wanted to mention that the crocuses are still blooming despite the snow. I went out yesterday and took pictures of them valiantly trying to poke their little heads out. Today most of the snow is melted.

The Easter lily now has SIX big blooms on it. What a show.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: