Sunday, April 08, 2007

Sorry for the skipped blog yesterday. Dick and Brenda got her at about 1:00PM yesterday afternoon and didn't finish working on the computers until about 10:30PM and we were all just burned. It was not all work. We had a nice salmon and colcannon dinner with cheesecake for dessert and did a bit of visiting while things were loading. Patience is certainly a necessity when one is working on computers. They were very patient about letting me watch when I wasn't in the way and explained as much as I can understand. Anyway, Norton is working again, I am no longer getting strange messages when I boot AND we can print again. Dick can also access Quicken from his computer which is a big plus. We are SO grateful. Hopefully we will be able to keep things stable now.

Dick and Brenda always go to her aunt's home for Easter. She lives in Rio, near Columbia. So they left at about 10:00AM. I had scones, brown bread and Racine Kringle with scrambled eggs and feta cheese for breakfast. The Easter Bunny came too. When Chelsea and I got back from our walk, we "found" four Easter baskets in the closet so I put them on the dining room table neatly arranged around the beautiful Easter Lily that they brought us when they came yesterday. They sure do make the house smell good.

I went to the 11:00AM mass. Fr. Van Beeck was really good this morning. He spoke of Easter as a time of great surprises and wonderful things. Pointing out that we know that by asking ANY child to show us his or her Easter basket and pointing out the wonders within. Then when we grow older we find other treasures. He mentioned that any person who has been in love and married for many years and is separated from the other by death will ask the question - OK Father. Is it really true? Is there really an Easter? Will we Really be together again? That will be the greatest wonder. And what about all the wonders in between?

We stopped at the house this afternoon on the way to Bobbie and Bill's to run the water and flush toilets. Chelsea got to go along, as usual. And Bobbie made a point of telling her how beautiful and clean she looked. We "know" she understands. Bobbie outdid herself again. Ham, potatoes au gratin, green beans, cole slaw, fresh biscuits AND Chocolate/Peanut butter torte. WOW. We were all pleasantly stuffed.

Roxie lets me pet her and I think she knows who I am. I get so sad because I can't have them. Oscar just hides. He doesn't love me any more I am afraid. It is getting longer and longer. Our house seems so empty and I do so miss being cuddled by Oscar in the evening. I must remember that when I can't see Jesus' footprints next to mine in the sand, He is carrying me. Frankly, a few footprints wouldn't hurt.

Thought you should read it here first. Permission to crosspost.

AP NEWS: BAKERSFIELD CA APRIL 1 2007

AKITA INVOLVED IN INCIDENT WITH CHILD AT AKC EVENT

Police were called today to the Kern County Fairgrounds to
investigate an incident involving an Akita dog and a 9 year old child. The American Kennel Club sanctions the event, held by the Kern County Kennel Club annually. Thousands of exhibitors and spectators attend yearly.
According to witnesses, the child was walking near the show rings unsupervised when she suddenly came face to face with the 110 lb Akita dog. The child threw her arms around the dog's neck, reports say, when the unthinkable happened. The dog began enthusiastically licking the girl's face as his tail wagged briskly.
"It was awful", said one bystander, "there was nothing we could do. That dog was just giving that child every once of love he had and no one did a thing to stop it".
Another witness, who took video of the event, said "This happens all
the time, I don't know how it hasn't made the news before now".
One spectator, who declined to be named in this interview, told reporters, "The sounds were just
heartwrenching, all that laughing and giggling. It made me smile so hard my face hurts. I plan to sue for pain and suffering".
The handler of the dog admits this is not the first time such an incident has occurred, and that the owners were "well aware of the stable, loving and patient temperament of this dog". The owners were unavailable for comment.
Police state that the handler, who was noticeably
unrepentant, was
cited for Reckless Entertainment. The dog was given roasted chicken treats and
was not taken into custody.

Hope you enjoy.

Mary

No comments: