Sunday, April 15, 2007

It was a beautiful day. Almost up into the 60s. And the sun shone most of the day.

Chelsea and I had a beautiful walk. Birds were singing and we saw bunnies running all over the place.

I went to the 8AM Mass and was a communion minister today. The children's choir sang. They are VERY good. On the way in to mass, Fr. Van Beeck told me that he could read my mind. He said that he could tell that I liked today's weather MUCH more than the snowstorm on Wednesday.

His sermon mentioned that St. John The Evangelist was the only one of the apostles who lived to be an old age and did not die a martyr. I thought that was interesting. It supports the fact that either he or one of HIS disciples wrote his gospel and that he wrote Revelations while in exile on Potmos.

I helped out at Rhine this afternoon. Bobbie worked too. This was the week of a Lewis shoot and the team that was assigned this week is two short because a couple of the members are ill. Since we did not have to work on Easter, we kind of wanted to help. It was steady most all day and we ended up with over 20 teams. This makes a very successful shoot for us.

Dick and I played a game a Scrabble tonight. I won, but only because I managed to get all my tiles down on the last play and Dick had to subtract the tiles he had on his tray. We will try again, maybe tomorrow.

Mother called this afternoon. Jeff called from Hawaii, where he and Kathy had gone to be there to help Kaoru and Matt with the new baby that was due next Friday. (Yea sure, they wanted to be there to play with that baby.) But guess what, Alana Nomi ( I hope I have the second name right, it is Japanese and Alana is Irish.) came TODAY. She weighs 6 lb. 7 oz. A nice baby. We will eagerly look forward to pictures. I told Jeff and Kathy to take my email and forward a picture or two that I can print and take to Mother.

Boy - Three babies in one year will be a record. Here is Alana. Kurt and Jodi are expecting in August AND Becky and Brian in October.

I remember almost 40 years ago when BRET was born. He came on September 4th and I thought it would be fun to send a telegram to my parents to announce his birth. Imagine their surprise when they got the telegram. Nine days before they had heard that they had a new granddaughter, BRITT Salvesen, my sister Nora's child. How we ever picked those names, so close to each other is beyond me. But it does make a person believe and understand that minds do have power and do connect and communicate. After all Nora and I are sisters and do have a strong bond.

The Easter Lily has another bloom open. Only ONE more to go. I checked on the net and I should be able to deep the plant alive, if I plant it in the garden and am patient. However, one site did say - WHY!

Have a great week.

Love

Mary

No comments: