Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What a day. To begin with, I had a terrible night. My hips hurt so that I had trouble sleeping. Tonight I am going to take a nice hot bath and two Tylenol just before I go to bed. Dr. Murthy said that he is sure it is arthritis and I know how hard this damp rainy weather is on that.

Had to get up at 5AM to be at Valley View at 7:00. Including the break after the treadmill part of the stress test, we were home by 10:30AM. This gave us an hour before we had to go to the Plymouth Clinic for Dick's blood test. THEN home again.

I had lunch then went to Van Horn in Sheboygan for the maintenance on the Santa Fe. After the servicing, I stopped at Memorial to see Mother for a bit. Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Bob were there when I got there, then Mary Margaret and her daughter, Margaret came in too. I stayed about an hour then came home and collapsed. I did stop for gas at a station in Sheboygan that still had gas priced at 2.83 pg. Everything else I saw showed 2.87 so I really feel that I got a bargain. Who would have ever thought that anything over $1.00 a gallon is a bargain.

Now I am all serviced and fueled for the Galena drive on Friday. Kate and I will be leaving as soon as I can get done with that second part of the stress test.

I received a call a few minutes ago from Mother. Yea. She is home and she sounds really good. I am sure she is relieved. There was no sign of any heart trouble and they did find that there is arthritis in her lower spine which is the cause of the pain in her leg. She will just have to take painkillers when it is bothering her. From my experience with arthritis, when it gets warmer and not so stormy, she will feel a lot better even without meds.

Tomorrow will be much quieter. Thank Heavens!!!

Mary

No comments: