Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I know I am a little early tonight, but decided to get it in because I want to get to bed a bit early, at least, as soon as I take Chelsea out for her walk at 9PM. I am having the first half of a stress test tomorrow morning and have to be at Valley View at 7AM. (Isn't that a pain. Just getting everything that I have to do of a morning done by 6:45AM will provide enough stress. Maybe I can talk them out of the treadmill.) I think I mentioned that Dr. Murthy feels that as stomach pains can sometimes be heart related, especially in women, he recommended a stress test. I told him that Deeley's don't have heart problems (we always said that but Dad actually had a heart attack.) Dr. Murthy did point out to me that I have also taken Premerin for 18 years and this CAN sometimes cause heart difficulties. I really feel fine except for the pain in my stomach but am always pleased to reinforce the fact that I am in good shape.

We had to be up at 6AM today because we went south to Mequon to National Pedorthics to pick up Dick's "summer shoes." We were back home by 11AM. Then at 1:00 the next shoe dropped.

Donna called about 1PM to tell me that Mother was in the hospital. She had fainted while getting herself together this morning. She bumped her head but came too very quickly. She tried to call us but we had already left so she called Dolores and she and Ken got there in just a few minutes. Dolores immediately called an ambulance.

I went over to Memorial right after a scheduled meeting with Beth Dipple of the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center (I'll tell you about that after I finish about Mom.) She is weak but her color is good. I can't see any obvious damage, but it has been determined that she had a mini stroke. They are doing a battery of tests on her to be sure that nothing else is wrong, including kidney x rays, heart monitoring, and all the other blood and other tests that they do. She is already talking about being home but she did say that if we all agree that she is unable to stay home alone she would acquiesce. She also told me that she told them that if her heart stopped she would want them to try to get it started again. However, she reiterated that she does not want any extraordinary methods used to keep her body going. So what she is saying is that she is not quite ready yet. Pray for my little Mom. I am worried about her. We are not ready yet either.

While I was there, her sister, my Aunt Kathleen came in for a bit, followed closely by my sister Eileen. My brother George called from Texas and Jeff called from Hawaii. (Eileen could hear little baby Alana crying in the background.) So she is not being neglected. I should be able to stop up to see her after we get the car serviced tomorrow afternoon.

My meeting with Beth Dipple was quite productive. We now have a core Celtic Women Sheboygan Group. Beth and I have tentatively scheduled the next Irish program. We are planning on three a year. With three and St. Patrick's Day, Irish Fest and the Mitchell Reunion, we have 6 events a year that is a lot. The next we hope to schedule for May 12 and are trying to book John Gleason of UWMilwaukee to talk of Wisconsin Irish History and perhaps beginning Irish Literature. In September we want to do a cemetery tour and in December a music program (I am going to talk to Jim Wilsing and see if we can get him.) I have three people interested in being part of Celtic Women and with Beth an I we have a good core group. Want to be part of us? Let me know.

Guess that is all. Quite enough I would think.

Love you all.

Pray for Mom (and me if you have time.)

Mary

No comments: