Thursday, April 05, 2007

Today is Holy Thursday. It was COLD this morning when we went for our walk. Fortunately, Chelsea wanted to cut through the park before we finished the whole trek around the condo complex which cut the walk short and then I turned her around again because the wind was so cold that I didn't like it. We are supposed to have this cold weather at least through the weekend. It was in the 20s this morning and did not get over the 30s all day. It felt a bit warmer late this afternoon because the wind died down and the sun came out.

There are some little bulb plants blooming in the planter in front of our front door. I thought that they might be scillas because they seemed little and were coming out blue but not some of the flowers are white and gold or orange so I am confused. I believe the other bulb plants are tulips. Only time will tell.

We had lost our internet connection yesterday and called Time Warner for a repairman. They scheduled one for today. Then the connection came back on. BUT, we didn't cancel and he came anyway. He checked everything out, tightened things up and did a couple of things to give us more power or something. Hopefully this will stop the outages.

This afternoon, Dick had to go the the Sheboygan Clinic to have his legs wrapped again. Darlene did it. She did a nice efficient job. We hope that this will help continue the healing. He had an appointment with Dr. Sharon, his new primary physician, on Monday. That way, his nurse can unwrap them and see how they work and Dr. Sharon can see how Dick's legs look. Last time, the wraps did not seem to do as well as they had done previously. So, I won't be putting the salve and bandages on until Monday night.

Tonight is Holy Thursday, so I went to St. John's for the Holy Thursday service. It was very warm and nice. The traditional choir sang. I sat with my friend Joanne Miley and saw Maryanne Robinson and Kate Herman after the service. Tomorrow, I will go to the Good Friday Service at 1:00PM. Dick and I will have our main meal at noon because I also have to work at Rhine in the evening.

I don't know who to credit the following to. I have received it a couple of times in emails. Perhaps you have seen it also, but it is beautiful and I do surely WISH YOU ENOUGH.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

Mary



No comments: