Wednesday, April 04, 2007

As Winnie the Pooh or was it Christopher Robin said "It was a blustery day." There were flurries most of the day and I don't think it ever even reached 30 degrees. The wind was not at my back when Chelsea and I went for our walk. She loved it and even found frost here and there to roll in and rub her belly. But I am tall enough that the wind was holding me back and my ears got cold through my cap. Needless to say we only walked for about a half an hour. Too long actually.

Dick and I went to Woodlake. He kind of wanted to get meat for raw beef sandwiches but changed his mind because he couldn't get exactly what he wanted. But I got some tea and chorizo and a nice fresh loaf of half and half so the trip was not in vain. We also had breakfast at the Parkview in Sheboygan Falls and I stopped at Mother's to pick up some Mary Kay that my friend Barb had dropped off there. Mom was making Hot Cross Buns. She said that she had been disappointed that she was too weak to make her Christmas Stollen. So she is baking Hot Cross Buns which she usually makes every Easter. I told her it was certainly a good day for it. Nothing like fresh bakery in the oven on a blustery day.

I forgot to tell you yesterday that Chelsea and I saw a deer, a doe, at the bottom of Tall Grass Lane yesterday morning. She was standing real still between two of the units thinking that Chelsea and I wouldn't see her. Suddenly Chelsea did. I could see Chelsea suddenly get really alert and hunch her little shoulders in excitement. Then she let out one YIP and the doe took off like a shot. Where are they when I am out in the Kettles at my stand.

I tried to sleep today but it didn't work as I got too uncomfortable. My hope is that I will be tired enough tonight to get to sleep before I start hurting again.

I called Dick and Brenda tonight and they are going to help us solve some of our computer problems. Thank God! We are so grateful.

We had chili for supper tonight. I told you all that you could come, you know. It sure is good. And I found out that it is impossible to make a small batch of it.

Almost Easter already. We shop tomorrow and I am getting extra eggs. I like to die them using natural dyes. Limits the number of colors, but they are pretty and fun to do.

Have a great Thursday. I hope it is warmer and doesn't snow.

Love

Mary

No comments: