Monday, April 02, 2007

I turned out to be a rather pleasant day, all day. A storm is supposed to be coming in tonight but I didn't see any signs of it as of yet. Chelsea really zipped along today. There is a new condo going up on Cattail Lane. I think it might be the last lot in the complex except for those two singles that are proposed for the land in front of us. I sure hope we can convince the builder that building on that would be a mistake. I really have NO idea where they would go with snow without that area. It was full and high after the big storms this February.

Bible study this morning. Tom and Kathy Keyes are back. We are so glad to see them home safe and sound. They spend a good portion of the winter in Texas near their son. I am sure Joe is glad to have another guy to add some input. Last week we had a question as to whether we to are the "suffering servant" referred to in Isaiah 50:1-4. Because of the Passion which was read and spoken about the priest did not even mention any other readings but the gospel. Maybe, if I see Fr. Van Beeck, I will ask him.

Then I stopped at Mom's after the study. She had and has some banking for me to take care of. Jeff was coming this afternoon to do some yard work for her. We had Bobbie check to see if it is too soon to uncover the roses and came to the conclusion that it is not.

The rest of the day was quiet until this evening when I went to the Rhine meeting. It was a bit long but we had a lot to discuss with taxes and insurance questions and also proposed improvements.

Now it is evening and time to settle down for the night.

My friend Janet sent me a really funny email that I will share with you.

Subject: Wine vs Water

It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 liter of water
each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than
1 kilo of Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria found in feces.
In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of Poop.

However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine (or rum, whiskey,
beer or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification
process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

WATER = POOP

WINE = HEALTH

Ergo: It is better to drink wine and talk stupid than to drink water
and be full of crap. There is no need to thank me for this valuable
information;

I am doing it as a public service.

This afternoon, I went out to put some cow manure on to the rhubarb. (I remembered, Bobbie) For some reason, It reminded me of my Grandma Deeley and my Dad.

Dad was quite a gardener. And Grandma was too and she loved me and used to like to give me little gifts. One year she gave me this set of seeds that were all named Biblically. There was a St. Joseph's Staff and even more important, Mary's Thistle. Dad helped me plant them and they did reasonably well that first year. After that, Mary's Thistle appeared every year. Dad came to look for it and would get rid of all but one. It was a large thistle with a prickly leaves crossing smooth leaves. Quit pretty but really a pest. I wonder if the new owners still are "blessed" with it.





Love

Mary

No comments: