Sunday, March 18, 2007

Today was a lazy lazy day. Chelsea and I went for our walk at about 6AM and I went to the 8AM Mass. It is good to be back to that. I really prefer that early Mass. I was Eucharistic Minister and I like that too. On the way home I stopped at Fleet Farm to pick up some wrappings for Dick's feet to hold the pads over the areas that we put salve on. Teresa at Sheboygan Clinic told us to get the wrapping there. They are cheaper. The ones at Fleet are marketed to wrapping horses legs so they cost less that the ones in the drug stores for humans. I got four different colors. Won't that be fun. I did not get the fuchsia though.

I was starved when I got home so fixed a nice big breakfast of bacon, sausage, potatoes and eggs. That made Chelsea really happy. She is probably hoping that life is settling down again. She has been very confused these past few weeks. She coughed pretty bad this afternoon, but I rubbed her and talked to her and she did not have one of her episodes.

I did a bit of sewing today but mainly just rested and did some miscellaneous stuff on the computer.

We had pork chop, fresh parsnips from Jeff and Kathy and cranberry relish for supper. I heated a bumbleberry which we shared with ice cream for dessert.

Tomorrow is Bart's birthday. I can hardly believe that my little baby is now thirty six years old. I remember his birth so clearly because I got to watch him being born. There are no words that can describe the wonder of seeing your child enter the world and take his very first breath. He was such a pretty baby too. He had a nice shaped head and round cheeks and just a brush of dark hair on his head.

I remember too that a friend of mine came to the hospital to wait and was a bit under the weather and kind of make a spectacle of herself. Fortunately, I was unaware of all the to do. And so was my ex, I guess. Her name was Tome and she was married to Crazy Karl Kendall. Karl was a carpenter and a real hard head. One time he was framing up a second story of a building and fell off the roof. He landed with his head wedged between the bumper and the body of a truck. They pulled him out and except for a couple of scrapes on his face he was just fine. We always told Karl that if he had landed on his feet he probably would have killed himslf.

Have a great week.

Mary

No comments: