Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It was cold most of the day. It was cloudy and the temperatures never got much more than 35. Once the sun came out late this afternoon it felt better anyway.

We had Dick's annual eye exam this morning early. Everything is OK except there is a clouding on one of his implants . We need to see another doctor to find out if it is far enough along to laser clean. Otherwise his eyes are healthy and he does not need new glasses.

I feel that I was busy most of the day but don't feel that I accomplished a whole lot except confusion. However, I am making progress on Quicken. Dick, in Madison, has found out that we can install Quidken in up to three computers in a household, so that solves that problem. Now we have to determine how to do this. I think we can do it with the instructions in the package and Dick said that he would walk us through it if it would help. I am going to read a bit more and then try it when he is available to call for help if I run into trouble. We will have the same situation as before in that only one of us can be IN Quicken, we can't be on at the same time.

We went to Walmart for toilet repair stuff and another rug for the office. We are trying to keep the carpet protected from Chelsea's icky drool. I found a pot that is all ready to mix and plant tomatoes. It made me feel a bit more like spring on this cold and damp day. Tomorrow then. I will plant tomatoes.

I had a telephone conference at 4:00PM with the Celtic Women's board. We are not as big as we wish we were but are doing quite well. The Chicago area is co sponsering a Women's program called Imperfect Balance. One of our board members is doing a theatrical production as part of an art exhibit and the Celtic Women International have assembled a list of books for women. I will give you a site to peruse them as soon as it is available.

I am going to a conference on April 21, 22 and 23 in Galena. Mary Schultz made room reservations at the Irish Cottage where we will be doing most of our meeting. I can share a room with her. I met her at the Celtic Women Conference in September and that will be fun. The room includes breakfast. I like that.

We had Philly Sandwiches for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow the only outside errand is Dick's blood test. We scheduled it for the Aurora in Plymouth at 11:00AM so we won't have to go into Sheboygan.

I am very tired. Dick says I am not getting enough sleep. Don't know about that but I think we both need catching up.

I hope we can get one of the five gallon wines racked tomorrow too.

Guess that is all for now. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring. The Cadfael Book of Days for SPRING with Quotes from Ellis Peters assembled by RobinWhiteman says "A time for all manner of births and beginnings, and for putting death out of mind." Sounds like a perfectly wonderful thought to me.

Be good to yourselves today. Remember that I love you all.

Mary

No comments: