Friday, March 23, 2007

The day was eventful. Chelsea and I had a really nice walk. I didn't wake up until well after 6AM so it was pretty light when we started. It is so much more pleasant to be walking when it is light.

I cleaned the kitchen and hall this morning and cleaned up the desk. Then I picked up some canned goods that were on sale at the Pig for the bust up dinner that I will help prepare in May. Seems logical to save as much money for the club as we can. I figure on making a BIG pot of calico beans. I will be watching for the rest of the stuff to be on sale too.

Had lunch with my bank friends at the Dairy Queen. Sure glad they have the grilled cheese sandwich as it is Friday in Lent. I hope they feature their Crab chowder before Lent is over. That was really good too.

Dick and I are working on changing our doctors and dentists to Plymouth. I made an appointment with a Dr. Murthy at Aurora in Plymouth because I need to have my tummy meds figured out AND I made an appointment with a Dr. Joseph DDS on Mill Street and will cancel my Wednesday appointment with Dr. Huberty. I will miss him but it will save me a lot of driving.

This afternoon, Dick and I went over to Hunters Glen. We ran the water and flushed the toilets. I checked out the flower beds and neatened them a bit. My tulips and day lilies are coming up nicely, also my chives. I took down the hanging pots from the pole out front and emptied them.
Then I loaded the yard waste into the car and when we got home, I added the bags we had here and hauled them off to the city yard. I was a little worried, but it was real easy to find and to get in to.

We went over to St. John's at about 4:30 for an excellent fish fry. The church puts them on during Lent. I had heard that they were good and I heard right. We got the senior meal. Two pieces of fish, noodles or chips, cole slaw, applesauce, rye bread and a huge piece of dessert. The sponsors of each week bring the desserts and they are extremely generous. Dick and I brought ours home. We shared one this evening after I got back from shooting and will have another for tomorrow. Tonight we had apple pie.

I went to shoot league and my friend Lil has absolutely nothing to worry about this time. I am just unable to hunker down this time. Too much on my mind and I wander. Well, I still have fun and practice practice practice is bound to do something eventually.

Tomorrow will be interesting. There is a meeting at the Senior Center involving our congressmen regarding the proposal to reopen the rail line that runs about 20 yards behing our house. I will go alone as Jim and Michelle are coming for our alloted hour to do some work on Dick's computer sometime after 10:30AM and we don't want to take a chance on losing our "appointment". We have questions for the congressmen and the railroad itself such as what sound and sight protective measures will be provided as we are practically sitting on the track. My other question is the cost. I know it is federal and state funds but that is our money too and it is in the MILLIONS. Can the two factories that will benefit from this justify it. I would like to know. The whole track has to be almost relaid and the spots that go over roadways are non existent. Hope I can bring home some answers.

We received a thank you note from Nora today (Pray for her - It is a hard thing she is doing and I give her credit. Poor little thing said that she is scared. That is not a bad thing. Being scared I mean.) We also received a DVD of the lovely wedding. She was gorgeous and the groom isn't bad either. AND we got her graduation picture. I must get a new frame so we can display it properly.

SO it was quite a day and tomorrow will be busy too. I am going to fix the corned beef and cabbage for our supper.

Have a nice weekend. It is supposed to be warm but rainy. Even Thunderstorms - Poor Chelsea.

Love
Mary

No comments: