Thursday, March 22, 2007

Today was beautiful. The sun shone. The temperatures were such that I was able to get by with a spring jacket all day.

Chelsea and I had a lovely walk. We took the whole route and she probably would have gone further. No sitting down on the job this day.

Dick and I went to McDonalds for breakfast then on to the Pig for our grocery shopping. I had that list to pick up for Mother too. I used to shop for Aunt Helen, Aunt Nonnie and myself but have lost the knack. It was very confusing but we did get it done in good time.

I had to be in Sheboygan at Mead by 10:30 to meet with Paul and Jane for the choosing of the final winners of the poetry contest. It only took us about an hour. We had some struggles as this year there were none that just jumped out at us. I felt a bit bad about one that was really good, but did not reference the theme at all. But we finally picked three that were acceptable to us all and were on all of our yes or maybe lists. Then we went to Applebee's for lunch. I had a wonderful spinach, shrimp salad and a wrap.

Stopped at Battery plus for a battery for my gold watch, then took Mom her groceries. We had a nice visit. She had a quiet week this week but next week is really hopping. She will go the the Senior Meals, the Sheboygan Theatre and Canasta with friends.

Yes, next week is the Sheboygan Theatre production, the second last already. It is Cheaper by the Dozen and I believe that I will finally be able to go. We saw the first one, Annie, then Mother was sick for the second, which was Beauty and the Beast and then Dick was sick for the third, The Diary of Ann Frank. If Dick isn't up to going, Donna hinted that she would join Mother and me this time.

Chelsea and I walked around to the back of the condo this afternoon to see what is coming up. I found the rhubarb, chives are coming and a few other things that I cannot identify. I measured for the size of planter boxes that we will need for the deck. It smelled so springlike that it made me anxious to get a start. Of course we all know that one cannot do TOO much before Memorial Day because there is always chance of frost.

Have a good Friday, I hope none of you have to work the weekend.

Nora is on her way to boot camp. We must keep her in our prayers. That is a lot to take on.

Love

Mary

No comments: