Saturday, December 30, 2006

Well, they hanged Saddam last night. I think that is a mistake. Killing only begets more killing. I feel that an eye for an eye is God's Job. Too bad there was not an international court. I guess that we need to feel that at least it was an Iraqi court that did the deed. I wonder if we could have appealed or kept him in our custody?

Let us pray that this does not start riots and more violence in Iraq and around the world. He still had a lot of followers who will try to make a martyr out of him.

It was a rather gloomy day t0day. Chelsea let me sleep until 7:00AM. Of course that was because Dick had shut her out of the room. She surprised me by taking her whole walk even then. Sometimes she is so hungry if I sleep late that she heads back early for breakfast. She is not stupid.

I mixed up a batch of Marigold wine today. I had the blossoms in the freezer and FINALLY had all the other ingredients gathered with an empty primary fermenter to put it in. We are way behind on making wine because of the move and the confusion of getting resettled. One would think it would be easier because we have a little room that we can actually dedicate to wine making. Maybe it will be once we can get on a rotation. We had hardly any to give for Christmas presents.

We are almost to the end of the year 2006. What is it about a New Year. It is just one day to the next but seems like such a real new beginning. The last quarter of this year has been very hard. I am praying that 2007 will be the start of good things and perhaps the end of the distressing things that have been occurring one thing after another. I will plan on it happening that way and then it will.

Here is a nice quote from The Cadfael Book of Days quoting from Ellis Peters. "Live, amend, in your dealings with sinners remember your own frailty, and in your dealings with the innocent, respect and use your own strength in their service. Do as well as you can and leave the rest to God, and how much more can saints do?"

I really like that. It is comforting to know that when we have done what we can, the rest is up to someone much more wise and powerful.

Love

Mary

No comments: