Sunday, December 31, 2006

It has been a very quiet last day of 2006. Tonight, Jim and Michelle will be over at about 7:00 and we are planning on playing games until either midnight or we are too tired to stay awake any longer.

Chelsea and I took a very short walk today, her choice. Then I went to the 8:00Mass. It is the feast of the Holy Family and Fr. Van Beeck again spoke so eloquently of the joys and responsibility of families. Also reminding those who are single to treasure their memories and peripheral membership in families. The first reading was from Sirach telling young people to honor their fathers and to treasure their mothers - EVEN in their old and dependent days.

Jim and Michelle invited us over to watch "The Devil Wears Prada" that they had rented. It is really a very good movie. I do like Meryl Streep. We were discussing the execution of Saddam before the movie. I told them my opinion and my position. I do not believe in the death penalty. That is my final conclusion on that subject. However, I did express the opinion that IF I did believe in the death penalty, Saddam would be one of the people that I would feel should qualify. I believe that taking a life is God's job and better left to Him.

We are having leftovers for supper, chicken Parmesan and pasta with a nice green salad.

Jeff called this afternoon. He and Kathy are back from St. Augustine FLA where they spent Christmas with Shane. They had a good time. He also got the venison that his friend gave to him back from the butcher. So I have 10 more pounds or so which will put our larder at a pretty good level.

Tomorrow we are having Mother here for dinner. I am fixing ham, mac and cheese and banana cream pie. We will be eating at about 2:00PM if you are planning on joining us.

Love and Happy New Year

Mary

No comments: