Friday, January 05, 2007

Another busy day. It was 46 degrees when Chelsea and I went on our walk this morning at 6:30
AM. Yes. I said 6:30 - I got to sleep late. As one of the walkers I meet said. How about this spring weather.

Then I cleaned the kitchen and entryway. I also put away a few more of the Christmas things. I will continue to do a little every day and should be done by the middle of next week.

I made potato salad for our supper tonight. I made the Kunert Potato salad this time. We had it with cheesy hot dogs. A very satisfying meal.

I went out to Rhine at about 5:30 to start the pistol league. Lil and Ken were already there and ahead of me. Lil had heard rumors that I was dropping out of the club and league. See, when one stops ONE thing (secretary) it starts lots of gossip. I assured her that I was just backing off from things so I had more time to spend at home with Dick. I didn't do too badly tonight. The first one was a 51 followed by a 52 and I ended with a 68. Not too shabby. I just have to be more careful. I should have done much better on the second one. I got a little careless.

Dick had a kind of rough day today. He got very little sleep last night and couldn't seem to get any satisfying naps during the day . He gets uncomfortable so easily. Today he was just getting cat naps. Tomorrow we will take off the compression bandages again. I hope that the swelling is down this time.

We called Leslie tonight and had a nice long visit. Everything is going well for the wedding. There is a rehearsal at 1:00 on the 13th followed by the wedding at 2:00. Then they will all go to Brandon's parents' house for cake and punch. Brandon and Nora are going to stay with Leslie and Bill until Nora goes to Air Force Basic training. Then Brandon will stay with his parents until Nora goes for her training.

Tomorrow should be quiet. Dick is going to take me out for breakfast and then we are doing a bit of shopping.

Jim and Michelle came over and brought us sundaes from Culvers and did a bit of maintenance on the computers. So nice to have tech support next door.

From Cadfael Book of Days by Ellis Peters compiled by Robin Whitman. For January 5. "In no times, good or bad, can man do more or better than choose his own road according to his conscience, and bear the consequences of his choice, whatever they may be."


Love you

Mary

No comments: