Tuesday, January 02, 2007

We started out the day by taking out two weeks worth of trash. Last week we thought they were coming on Wednesday because of the holiday. But they came on Tuesday so we had LOTS and LOTS this week.

Then we drove down to Mequon to have Dick's new insoles checked. Pattie made a couple of minor adjustments but mainly they were just fine.

When we got home, I watered plants and took down the outdoor Christmas decorations. I quilted one more motif on the kittie quilt.

It was a rather quiet day otherwise with no mail and no market.

Yesterday, Jim, Michelle and I took Mother home and I took the kids on a tour of downtown Sheboygan Falls. Jim and Michelle have to go to Evans. Evans is famous. It is a 5 and 10 cent store that was there when I was a little girl owned and run by the Evanoffs. I went to school with their daughter Elaine. Her brother Edmund was in Nora's class and they had an older brother Alan. When the folks retired the children all took over a store, they had expanded to Sheboygan and Kiel by then. Edmund got the Falls store. It is a legend. If you can't find something any where else, it will probably be at Evans. That store is packed from ceiling to floor, has the best toy selection year round in the county and carries really quality fabrics and craft supplies. They never change prices on anything unless the whole rack is marked down so when you pick something up, be sure to check the rest to see if possibly one further back on the shelf is marked lower. Kids LOVE to go there. They can still take a small amount of money and buy a lot of stuff. And anyone from Falls who has moved away and comes back HAS to go to Evans. I told Jim and Michelle that they simply must go there. If for nothing else than the experience. I know that Ed is wanting to retire and there is noone that I know of who will take over the store so it may not be there long. I know that Elaine just closed her store when she retired.

Tomorrow we are going to the Clinic to get Dick's legs wrapped again. The last one just did not bring the swelling down. So tomorrow will be busy.

Have a good Wednesday.

"You can fairly claim that a day hasn't been wasted, if somethings been learned." from Calfael.

I am not sure that I learned anything new today. I'll try harder tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: