Thursday, December 28, 2006

When we got up this morning, the streets were all wet, but it was not raining. Chelsea decided on a very short walk which did not upset me because I had a schedule to keep today.

First, Dick and I went to Mc Donald's for breakfast and then to the Pick and Save to grocery shop. We hurried a bit because, as I mentioned yesterday, I had to pick Mother up again to take her to the Clinic as they had not told her that there were TWO lab tests that she needed and one of them required a 12 hour fast.

Anyway, I picked her up at 9:30AM and we hied down there for the tests. We were back by 10:30. We fixed tea and she ate a blueberry muffin that I had brought along. Just as we were sipping our tea the doorbell rang and in walked my niece, Britt, Nora and Leif's daughter, and her friend, Andrew. They were on their way up to Washington Island to spend some of this holiday with his mother and step dad. I was so glad of my timing. Britt is so lovely and charming and Andrew is great. I will be sending them copies of my book. Andrew had Britt send me the program from his exhibit at the University of Arizona. He is an accomplished artist and I am so thrilled to share my work with him too.

Then home. It was a quiet afternoon. I did some quilting and tonight just took the evening off and watched a Harry Potter movie.

Hope your day was as fulfilling. I received the following from a friend today and hope you enjoy it.

My Wish for You in 2007


May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ...

May 2007 be the best year of your life!

HAVE A HAPPY 2007


--

Have a nice Friday.

Love

Mary

No comments: