Sunday, December 17, 2006

We had a sunshine day today. The temperatures were only in the low 40s but it was pleasant with the warm sun.

It was a quiet day for me. I went to the 8AM Mass and did not have to go to another place ALL day. Fr. Van Beeck pointed out a very interesting and probably truism. If we were asked to do something really hard and kind of heroic that would help all mankind or bring relief to lots of people we would step up and do it. But to just do a little bit every day - a little small effort - probably won't happen.

The 2nd reading was from St. Paul and he said that we are not to be anxious about anything. Now you and I know that that would be impossible. But I read today that what we can do today is make a LIST of everything we are anxious about and change them to a prayer.

So, with a wholeay at home. I finished some things on my desk but generally took it easy and watched the Packers WIN.

We had scalloped potatoes and ham, fresh corn and salad for supper. We asked Jim and Michelle to join us because we had a few "house" things to talk about and it seemed like a good time. Michelle brought a really good Pumpkin Cranberry Bread and we had a bit of that and stollen for dessert.

This week will be fairly quiet except for three doctor appointments. Tomorrow I get to go to a Christmas party for the Plymouth Writers. I seem to have lost the letter telling where so if Kate doesn't call me back, this could be rather interesting. I know it is on Hill and Dale Road but I can't remember the hostess's last name.

Just think. A week from tomorrow is CHRISTMAS. I am ready.

Love

Mary

No comments: