Monday, December 18, 2006

Such a lovely day. The sun shone. It was not really too warm but there was not wind and it was pleasant. Chelsea and I had a wonderful walk through Tallgrass, around the park and through the woods to home.

Bible Study, as always, was nice. Just before Christmas and we will not meet until January 8th so we had a lot to talk about.

Also, it was announced on Sunday that the pastor of Blessed Trinity will be leaving as soon in January as the Archdiocese can find a temporary replacement. The reason is very sad. Fr. Gene Neuman has beginning Alzeimer's disease and it is beginning to affect his ability to lead and perform his duties. Such a sad thing. It explains a lot that has been happening with him though. I will keep him in my prayers.

The readings are the last before Christmas. The Gospel is the story of Mary and Elizabeth meeting and rejoicing in their children. Peggy Feider went to see the Nativity and recommends it. She said that it does an especially nice presentation of this meeting and also depicts St. Joseph as real and a whole person. He must have been really quite wonderful. To be chosen as Christ's father and protector was such an honor but also required faith and trust on his part.

The group gave me a Christmas present. I was surprised. They seem to feel that I am their leader. I loved it though. It is an Irish Santa Ornament and is displayed proudly on my tree. Two of our members, Tom and Kathy Keyes will be going to Texas to spend three months with their son. We will miss them but they always come back in the spring.

After the study I went over to Mother's house and visited for a bit. I brought her some Scalloped Potatoes and Ham and a couple slices of Michelle's Pumpkin Cranberry bread.

Today was the Plymouth Writers Club Christmas Party. We had fun. I took some Scripture Cake and the recipe to share. We exchanged gifts which is always fun. I got a wonderful sepia picture of the Christ Child as a child not a baby and a really pretty soap dish with angel and heart soaps. Bev, the president and our host, served hot cider and cranberry apple dessert. We read lots of readings and just talked and it was such a lovely day.

Home again. I was tired and took a nap. Then Dick and I had Chili Bowls and salad for supper.

HOLIDAY EATING TIP

Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

Later. We are on the count down to the big day.

Love

Mary

No comments: