Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hello!! Did you miss me? I hope you did but not too much.

Thursday we had doctor appointments and shopping in the morning and then I quilted until 9:00PM and frankly, I forgot. Yesterday, we played cards with Jim and Michelle and then I called Bret in Norwalk to tell him that his card had arrived and then called Barb in Geronimo because I had promised that I would and then it was so late and I was so tired that I just went to bed.

Oops. I can't remember the last time I didn't post since we went on an overnight vacation.

So I had better catch you up. On Thursday, Dick had his blood tested and it was again within the required norm. We are 0n a roll again. This is the third perfect test again. Then Dr. Hodous trimmed his feet again. We feel now that the new insoles will help keep the callouses from forming.

We did our grocery shopping and then I cleaned the bathroom, baked some bread and spent the evening quilting. I have to get back in the mood because, I have two tops completed that need to be assembled. Time to get to work on them.


Friday I ran some errands in the morning and cleaned the kitchen. It rained most of the day.

In the afternoon, Dick and I went to see The Nativity Story at the Marcus. It is a really lovely portrayal of the Christmas story. When you leave it you have seen an interpretation of Mary and Joseph as real people. Young and trusting and very young. I liked it a lot. That evening as I said, we played cards in the evening.

Today, we took a ride out to the house in Sheboygan to check it out and run the water. Chelsea went along with us so she is a happy girl. It is quite a bit colder today, but is not raining. It weather is supposed to stay clear through Christmas which is nice as we like it that way when Dick and Brenda are traveling. We are SO looking forward to seeing them on Christmas.

Only two more days. Tomorrow, I will be all "holy" again. I am going to church at 8:00AM for the Sunday Mass and then will be attending the 10:30PM Mass for my Christmas service. Dick is going in the evening with me and Jim and Michelle are talking about possibly attending one or both. Dick and I will exchange our gifts tomorrow night after we have our supper. Then I can pack everything up to take to Bobbie and Bill's for the BIG exchange.

I have informed Chelsea of all the following rules. As she goes to visit at Bobbie and Bill's when we do, I felt that it was very important that she understand them.

HOLIDAY ETIQUETTE FOR DOGS

1. Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog leans.

2. They may come home with large bags of things they call "gifts". Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.

3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.

4. They may bring a large tree into the house and set it in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:

(A) don't pee on the tree;

(B) don't drink water in the container that holds the tree;

(C) mind your tail when you are near the tree;

(D) if there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open; and

(E) don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree.

5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part - not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans:

(A) don't eat off the buffet table -- beg for goodies subtly; be pleasant, even unknowing strangers sit on your sofa;

(B) don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.

6. Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important -- observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people's houses (4a is particularly important): respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house; tolerate children; and turn on your charm big time.

7. A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. DON'T BITE HIM !



I will get to see my Kitties too. It will just make me sad because they will probably hide all day and I won't get to hold them and they hardly remember me anymore. There is no hope.

Mary

No comments: